Habitat for Humanity of Montgomery and Delaware Counties is looking for Volunteers to work with the Family Services Department to coordinate and facilitate Almost Home Junior. Almost Home Junior will run for two hours while the parents of the children are attending Almost Home (a financial empowerment course). Almost Home Junior will include a mix of sessions with a curriculum created and facilitated by the Family Services Department, volunteers, and sessions facilitated by guest presenters. This opportunity is open to anyone who loves working with children. This rewarding and interactive volunteer opportunity provides great resume building experience by allowing the volunteers to take the initiative to create a curriculum and network throughout the community. This position is ideal for a young adult interested in pursuing a career in education or a career working with children.
• This position includes working with the Family Services Coordinator to arrange activities for Almost Home.
• The Almost Home Junior Volunteers will help provide care for up to 10 children
• 6 hours per week
• 5:30 pm to 8:30 pm on Tuesday and Thursday nights from October 2nd to November 8th in Norristown
• Dinner will be provided on Tuesday and Thursday nights during Almost Home Junior
• Signed Habitat volunteer wavier
• Criminal Background check, a Child Abuse Registry check, and an FBI background clearance (We want this opportunity to be available to everyone, so please contact email@example.com, to see how Habitat can work with you, if the cost of the clearances are prohibitive.)
• Reliable transportation to Norristown
• Must align with Habitat’s policies and mission
• Strong desire to work with children
• Must be 18 years of age or older
Sorry, there are not any shifts available online at this time.
Already volunteering? Click here to check your shifts.